Tuesday 21 April 2009

Fictions (I want to have evidence) - Tamarin Norwood

FICTIONS (I want to have evidence)
Tamarin Norwood

1.
I watch a man as reality hardens and bangs into him like a pane of glass.
It hurt and he laughs and goes round to the real doorway.


2.
The water is on the outside of the bath and a man rows it until it is submerged.
The man swims back.


3.
I stare at the eyes of a woman performing until a muscle in her neck contracts.
When I see her with her coat on upstairs later I pretend we haven’t met.


4.
A voice without an accent is piercingly sharp like an alarm clock.


5.
Many works are on loop, many works are on loop.
Loop is a sad thing to be on.


6.
A technician screws in the last two energy-saving light bulbs and the one at the end begins to flick on and off. He says it’s been synchronised to the interference on the video and I regret that because I thought one was causing the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment